Monday, February 24, 2014

Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm

I realized I haven't had much to post lately, so I figured I'd throw a few pictures up from a few of the courses I played a few weeks ago.  I took advantage of the long Australia Day weekend to head down to Tasmania to play some golf.  I've been trying to play all of the golf courses that I can that are on the Top 100 lists that come out nightly.  The course I played this time were in the north eastern part of Tasmania, right on the coast.


Barnbougle Duens (34th in GOLF Magazine's top 100 for 2013) is a pure links course where weather plays just as much of a factor as the layout.  And while it can be very difficult at times, the scenery is always amazing.  And, being in Tasmania, I hardly saw another golfer in my way.







This was #10 which was a false front.  At 440 yard par 4 with a significant up hill second shot, I was pretty impressed with a missed 15 foot birdie putt.

The other nice part about Tassie is that it's also home to the #72 best course, Lost Farm.  Equally challenging, yet remarkably different (and at 20 holes, par 78) a different type of challenge.  




There were pretty much Wallabies on each tee having a bite to eat.  A bit of natural, grass control.  There were some good holes, really good holes and some horrible.

A few months ago I also played Kingston Heath in Melbourne which ranked in at #28.  Unfortunately I can't find any of those pictures.  So, guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment