Monday, November 18, 2013

Well, that was interesting

I had my hotel book a snorkeling tour for me the other day. And as soon as we picked up the second person, I wasn't sure what was going on.

I was picked up at 6:30am and got to the dock around 8. Now, as I sat there I didn't hear a lot of English. Like none. The the guides starting giving instructions in Russian. I started to panic thinking it was going to be a loooong day if that was the case. Finally, one of the interpreters noticed me without a sticker and came over to at least point me in the right direction.

I got to the boat and sat down only to be moved to the English speaking part. All 6 of us. It was a big relief.



The trip went to the Similan Islands which is a national park 80 miles from the Thai coast. I was thinking it would be less crowded, but I was wrong. At least the beaches made up for all the Russian I didn't understand.















The highlight of the day was definitely snorkeling with sea turtles. There were a few that came up to the boat a few times. Unfortunately I had the zoom in my camera for most and didn't get the best pictures, but I managed a few.








The third one actually didn't have any zoom. He was just curious I guess.

Despite being 80 miles from the coast on an island only open for 4 months, when we sat down for lunch it was nice to see they were still able to get scenes from the 2013 Victorias Secret fashion show on the TV. Tourism, huh.

All in all, it's a good day. And despite applying SPF 50 constantly throughout the day, I still managed to burn a bit.






The weirdest part was probably seeing all the girls take their glamour shots at the waters edge. Most of them seemed to have their dad take the pictures as well. Comical, to say the least.

Location:Similan Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment