Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Bar Doesn't Open Till 6?!?!?!?

So, I landed in Bangkok last night after booking my hotels yesterday. Needless to say I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. I had some idea of what to do but couldn't settle on anything. So, I landed in Bangkok at 2am and caught an 8am flight to Phuket where I went straight to the golf course.





This trip was pretty much planned through Instagram. I searched for a few things and found hotels and golf courses and restaurants.





Back to the golf course, I saw Dustin Johnson was playing a few weeks ago so figured it must be good. Turns out Greg Norman and Fred Couples hold the professional course record and Tiger holds the amateur record.





Not bad company, but overtaking didn't challenge them. Though if my putting we're a bit better I might have a shot (or at least not embarrass myself.)

Despite my putting it was a very entertaining round. The course requires caddies. Since I caddied growing up, that was my only idea of what a caddie is. Needless to say I was a bit surprised to get a 51 year old grandma helping me out today.

She was great and the trio of caddies in the group was nothing short of amazing. I played with a German couple in their late 60s. Any time one of them his a good shot all three caddies would cheer, "good shot mama" or "good shot papa." When I hit a good shot, "good shot young man." They would just hoot and holler at the good shots. And it was amazing. I just wish I got a picture at the end with the three of them. But seeing as though it was 90+ and 90% humidity I needed to get out of the sun. And based on my epic sunburn from day one, it could prove to be a long week. Or at least uncomfortable. But screw it, nothing will slow me down.

I had a few other Tiger moments as well. I took the Tiger Line on a hole directly over the canyon and succeeded.


On 18 I also nailed my drive right past the Tiger longest driver marker.



My caddie, by the way.

So I finished golf and headed to the hotel to check in. And I must say, there's not a big difference between "pool villa" and "honeymoon suite."



Yeah, it's going to be a relaxing few days in Phuket. Staying in the pool villa gets me an open bar (which is now empty as I went for an afternoon swim) and cocktails nightly at the Regent Club. But apparently I can't ra slate military time since I got here at 5:30 only to find out it's not till 6:00. Oh well, it's tough to beat the view.





Oh yeah, and everywhere so far has free wifi. So expect updates around 6:00pm but please forgive the typos. The mini bar includes local rum. By the bottle.

Location:4129,อ.เมืองภูเก็ต,Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment